Stripe Terminal for WooCommerce
Download our PCI-Compliant Stripe Terminal plugin for WooCommerce, Stripe, and the Verifone P400 Stripe Terminal
Convert your WooCommerce store into a point-of-sale checkout portal when used with the Verifone P400 Stripe terminal, WooCommerce, and WooCommerce Stripe Gateway plugin version 4.2+.
Reduce your Stripe fees by 6.9% + 0.25 per transaction!
Your annual subscription will provide you with this current version of the plugin and support for all minor releases.
Trying to buy the device?
When you purchase your license, you’ll receive a direct link to buy the device from within your Stripe account. This is presently the only place you will be able to buy the Stripe reader.
Pro Services Features (Not included in the free version)
- FREE initial 1-hour setup
- In-Person Payments Direct to WooCommerce and Stripe
- Create, Manage, and Track Segmented Orders on Unlimited Locations with Unlimited Readers
- Support for All Current Stripe and Verifone P400 Features
- Support Contactless Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
- Assign Cashier or Shared Accounts to Designated Locations.
- Support Payments for Digital, Virtual, and Recurring Subscription Products. Simply create your customer’s account from within the CMS (or have them create their own account from the frontend of your website) and find the customer by email during checkout.
- Perform Customer Data Syncs between WordPress and Stripe (sync your legacy data!)
- Location management is a great way to segment order data to each location for improved performance metrics and inventory management. It’s critical to business running multiple locations and a great strategy tool for the traveling small business owner.
- Reader accessibility management is great for reducing clutter for shops managing multiple readers and is a much better security measure.
- Requiring Customer Accounts: As with most eCommerce frameworks, WooCommerce allows you to enable or disable guest checkout but as a logged-in Admin, this doesn’t help you much. With services that require customer account information, such as digital downloads and subscriptions, customer account info is necessary but for other products (ie. simple products), an email is not required. What if you insist upon always having a customer account? Simply check the option “Always Require Customer Account on Checkout”.
- Log into the WordPress CMS as a user who has (a) store manager privileges (ie. an admin) and (b) is assigned access in store.arcanestrategies.com as well and, (c) is assigned to a location in your plugin settings.
- While logged in, navigate your customer through the checkout experience. You’ll be given the option to select the terminal reader icon to process accordingly.
- Selecting the terminal option and press the button for the reader you set up during installation.
- If you are selling a product that requires a customer account such as a digital download or subscription, you will be required to enter an email address to find their account. If they haven’t registered yet, you can choose to either:
- Ask your user to register through their selected device (ie. smartphone).
- Visit the “Users” section and create a user on their behalf. Be sure to select the “customer” role when you do so. This is a WooCommerce feature.
- Credit card prompts will expire after 30 seconds but may be manually canceled by hitting the “Esc” key on your keyboard.
- After purchase, you’ll receive an email with a link to download the package. Unzip the package to your plugins directory and enable it. If you have our FREE plugin installed, please deactivate it and be sure you have our latest FREE version installed, to avoid legacy issues.
- Make sure your P400 device is turned on and connected to the internet. To connect it, type 0-7-1-3-9. We will use the message on the screen in step 6.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel using the email you’ve purchased the license with. Now go to the plugins page, find the plugin, click “activate”, then click “settings”.
- Enter the registration code that you will have received in your email in step 1. In the next screen give it a unique name you’ll remember.
- Now create your first location. Locations help avoid confusion in a multi-reader store, the details aren’t important, they just help you organize.
- To set up a reader, click the “Add Reader” button within the location you just set up and type in the string displaying on your device. This is usually 3 words separated by hyphens.
- Your user must be assigned to a location, now. All terminal users must be assigned to locations. To assign user accounts access to specific locations’ readers, there are 3 steps:
- Click “Users” to get to the user’s panel and then edit the user you want and select the location you want to assign them to from the dropdown (search “Locations”). Then save.
- Log into https://store.arcanestrategies.com and select “Manage Users” from the dropdown when you hover over the profile icon in the main navigation.
- Enter the email address of the user you want to provide access to, from step 1, and click “Send Invite”. You’re now done!
This plugin may encounter issues with the “Merge + Minify + Refresh” plugin and other compile and minify production asset plugins. If problems are encountered, simply deactivate your minification plugin, reload the page, then reactivate the minification plugin to rebuild the cache with the new files.